Saturday, August 27, 2011

The Crepe Cook-Off:The Israel Competition

BE had a brilliant idea that her Dad and I have a crepe cook-off (mostly so she, LS, and CR could enjoy the fruits of our labor) one evening.
The cooks
The masterminds and bias judges.
The golden crepe...it took me several crepes to get the pan just the right temperature but finally it was ready for judging. It is really hard to compete on foreign soil, without my own pan and spatula (it really does make all the difference).
The scoreboard and a crepe that I consumed immediately after this picture.
RE won (based on bias judging and one piece of criteria that isn't really in the control of the cook: whether you can get it in your mouth without making a mess, yeah right BE!) I will say however, RE's crepes are delicious. RE and I agree that we now need a cook-off on my home turf, to make it fair.
The proud winner (wearing ME's morning bonnet)

1 comment:

Deborah said...

Next time you have one of those cook-offs, let me know. :)