Saturday, August 6, 2011

Driving Miss Berry

Saturday morning JP came over and drove me around to run errands. Either she really loves me or was really bored or a combination (probably the most likely scenario). We learned that I like to push the shopping cart faster. Thanks to JP I won't be bringing 10 bottles of small shampoo and I have cool paisley purse to take as well.
Look at JP's serious face...clearly she takes her job of driving Miss Berry seriously.
Now she smiles...JP, thanks for a great Saturday morning!

I introduced JP to The Milk Pail as well...only four years too late. Yet I still gave her the VIP tour and secret rules to conquer each trip to The Milk Pail...which I will share with you now.
1. Only bring your keys and debit card into the store (no need to carry a bulky purse).
2. Remember Milk Pail patrons for the most part are rude (I've never understood why though) so be on the defense...i.e. grab the first basket you can spot and don't aimlessly wander through the market, pick a route and stick to it.
3. Always, always sample the cheese selections at the back of the store.
4. Nutella by the small container is always less expensive at the Milk Pail than Safeway.
5. Each checker has their own line so don't go to the south side of the store line and think you'll wait your turn...aim for the three middle checkout lines...those are always the quickest.
***I also told JP about the game I play every week in the Milk Pail...see how much produce you can buy for under $10, it is more fun than 10 items or less.

JP can't say I've never taught her anything now...