Saturday, August 27, 2011

Tel Aviv-Joining 300 Protesters

The week before I left for Israel KM sat by me in RS and said: So are you excited to be with the 300 protesters next week? I looked at her blankly and said: What? In true KM fashion I got the eye look that says: You're kidding me, you don't know? I know, following the news is last on my list of things to do most days... Thanks to KM being much more versed in news than I, we were ready to join the 300 friendly protesters in Tel Aviv, protesting housing costs. Of course, we had to document it, if only for KM!
BE's friend Michael photographing for us...taking a classic shot of himself.
We are so adorable...
Housing conditions?
An argument...not surprising
Entering the protest...which was really just a huge amount of tents setup on a highly trafficked street in Tel Aviv, populated by hippies (I mean friendly protesters), their children, and of course their pets.
Among the locals...
See the tents? As we sat on a bench for awhile I became increasingly more nervous in my surroundings. Not because it was a violent protest but because the "living conditions" were a breeding ground for fleas and I was just sure that I was going to come home with fleas since they love my blood (not kidding folks, I am itching as I type...luckily I haven't found any bites on me thus far...). Yet the risk of another flea infestation was well worth the chance to document the news for KM! We heart you, KM.

No comments: