Sunday, June 26, 2011

I Heart SLO

It is wedding season...which means it is also bridal shower season. Saturday I attended the third shower on the calendar within an eight day span. This shower was for a hero, SLO. I truly do find her inspiring me with any and every interaction, whether it be her smile, her wit, her pros, her epic love story with Manfriend or her all-inclusive heart I feel changed for the better when my life crosses paths with SLO...and there is always laughter involved! (proof below)

(photo courtesy of BC)

The shower was wonderful. Those Melville women (MHC, RMR, KTC) know how to throw a fancy, classy affair. I'd like to hire them to throw every bridal shower, engagement party, ward social, wedding, etc. that I am invited to attend. Manfriend (as SLO named him as she shared her love story weekly with the masses) made an appearance to sing to SLO, so romantic and adorable (and not in a "gag me" kind of way but in a "wow, I'm gushing" kind of way). And in true lawyer fashion, she gave a closing statement. Her closing statement was profound. She talked of her overwhelming gratitude of the women she has had the opportunity to interact with and love in PA (and other places), that it was her time in PA that she learned how to become a woman, a good woman, and that she's carried that impact with her wherever she has gone since and will continue to bring it wherever she goes. It is probably seems a bit funny that her closing statement was something that touched my black heart in a way that seemed like an answer from Heavenly Father to help me see the impact of others and my own impact I've had over the last four years in PA, as I've learned how to become a woman here as well. Thank SLO! While we came to shower you, it was you that showered me with needed wisdom.

No comments: