Friday, April 27, 2012

A HUGE Thank You!!!

The last 48 hrs in Palo Alto were bittersweet, stressful, tiring-really the recipe for the perfect storm (and don't worry it was pouring rain the night we loaded the Uhaul). Needless to say, among the many stresses of packing and loading up my life, my steering column started locking up and being the one handed wonder that I am, I couldn't get my car started on my own.  

After five years of having such loving and compassionate people surround, I was not surprised by the outpouring of love, help, and rescuing that took place. I was completely overwhelmed and then mortal angels appeared. Since this is my blog I'll be shamelessly calling out these angels. 

kt started my car after our BR run
Cec drove across town to start my car so I could meet CP to pickup the Uhaul (and then picked up drinks for the movers and she and Scott came to the rescue with bricks to prop the trailer up)
CP...well let's see. He'll be a hero for life. He picked up the Uhaul, started my car (seeing a theme here?), he took charge of the loading (in the pouring rain), took away a couch, and did all this with calmness
MC, IW, SL, CL, HD, JD, PR, CP, JH, HM, RMR, BR, The Bransons loaded the Uhaul and my car in about 30 mins. They are the dream team! 
CT took the next morning and just drove me around running errands since I still couldn't start my car!
The Bransons...the lifesavers of my life (that's really no exaggeration). LB literally packed my entire kitchen the week prior to moving. BB brought pizza for the moving party! BB, KB, JB, and NB helped in the moving party. They also provided me a place to sleep when I was bed-less on my last night in PA...and don't worry they went the extra mile with french toast the next morning, because the Bransons are my lifesavers! 
Thank you all!!!! You each made a stressful time bearable! In fact, you each literally were lifting my burdens. 
(the empty room that I probably spent more time in than most 80 years that are house bound) :)

No comments: